EHS & Equality Policies
EHS & Equality Policies
Health & Safety Policy:
Astarn Engineering & Oilfield Supplies Pvt Ltd is committed to health and safety and eliminating workplace injuries and illness. Our Workplace Health & Safety Policy is based on a principle that the well-being of people affected by our work, is a major priority and mandatorily considered during all work performed on our behalf.
People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. The public shall be given equal priority to that of our employees.
The objectives of our Safety Policy are:
- To achieve an accident free workplace.
- Comply and exceed the requirements of all applicable laws, regulations and standards
- To make sure health and safety is considered in all planning and work activities;
- To involve our employees in the decision-making process through systematic communication, consultation and training;
- To provide continuous training program and learning to ensure that our employees work in the safest possible method.
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis.
- To ensure all potential accident, incidents and near misses are controlled and prevented;
The success of our health and safety management is reliant on:
- Proactive planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing operational health & safety controls that are suitable to each given condition.
- Ensuring the work team is totally dedicated to achieving our objectives
- Understanding the total work process and associated operational, Health & Safety risks.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all employees;
- Commitment to regular reviews of the policy and to monitor its effectiveness.
- Ensure that all established safety policies are administered and enforced in all areas.
Astarn Engineering & Oilfield Supplies Pvt Ltd is committed to a clean, healthy and sustainable environment underpins our core values as a company.
This environmental obligation is the responsibility of our managers, supervisors and employees at every level of the company and will be achieved through the following key objectives:
- Comply and exceed the requirements of all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Ensure management are actively involved and provide demonstrated.
- Leadership to support continuous improvement in environmental performance.
- Environmental training and awareness programme for new and existing employees and to engage them in environmental initiatives.
- Communicate and consult with all employees (and others), to increase their awareness of their environmental obligations and responsibilities.
- Strive to continuously improve our environmental management systems and practices through a process of auditing, review and revision
- Investigate and ensure a prompt response to all work-related environmental incidents and develop corrective action to prevent recurrence.
- Seek to prevent pollution before it is produced, reduce the amount of waste thus reducing landfill at our operation and support pollution prevention by our customers and suppliers.
- Adopt best available practices for the reduction of emissions to air, water and land, and for the conservation of water and energy.
- Periodically review and revise our Environmental Policy and procedures to maintain their relevance.
Equality & Diversity Policy:
Astarn Engineering & Oilfield Supplies Pvt Ltd is committed on advancing equality and diversity as key features within all its activities, as we believe that this is one of our ethics and social responsibility. Equality and diversity are essential factors that contribute to the strengths of the Company.
The Company’s Equality and Diversity Policy provides for coordination and implementation at a strategic level and is supported by additional policies that provide for an integrated approach to equality and diversity.
Commitment to Equality & Diversity:
We believe that our progress will be achieved through recognising the value of every individual, without considering their race, gender, political beliefs, colour or religion. Our aim is to create an environment that respects the diversity of employees and develop them fully and to derive maximum benefit and enjoyment from their role.
Management of Astarn Engineering & Oilfield Supplies Pvt Ltd is committed to promote equality and diversity by:
- To be treated fairly with regard to all procedures, assessments and choices.
- Treating all employees fairly with respect and dignity.
- Creating an inclusive culture for all employees.
- Ensuring equal access to opportunities to enable employees to fully participate in the learning process.
- Enabling all employees to develop to their full potential.
- Equipping staff and workers with the skills to challenge inequality and discrimination in their work environment.
- Ensuring policies, procedures and processes don’t discriminate.
Top management of Astarn Engineering & Oilfield Supplies Pvt Ltd have overall responsibilities for ensuring that all employees to recognise these rights and to act in accordance with them in all dealings with fellow members. In addition, top management of Astarn Engineering & Oilfield Supplies Pvt Ltd will comply with all relevant legislation and good practice to make the policy successful.
Any complaint will be taken seriously and dealt with in a timely and sensitive manner, in accordance with the appropriate grievance and disciplinary procedure. Copies of the staff grievance policy can be obtained from the top management. The employee complaints, grievance and appeals procedures are available in the Rules and Regulations for employee’s booklet, available upon written request.