Plunger Packing (OEM-Oil Well)
Plunger packing plays an integral role in sealing pumps and maintaining adequate downstream pressure. In plunger pumps the packing is held stationary inside a stuffing box; in piston-style pumps, the packing sits in a groove.
Astarn Engineering & Oilfield Supplies Pvt Ltd proved its specialty in-house packing solutions designed for specific environments. Depending on the application, we can create different types of seals to reinforce the packing, fill voids, and extend the service life of the plunger.
Our specialty packing materials and serviceability include:
- Material: Medium-hard, black nitrile (NBR) with synthetic fabric around a rigid phenolic core; three sets of pressure rings, each with a top and bottom adapter for effective sealing.
- Compatibility: General-service packing used in all types of industries; resistant to hydrocarbons, water, mild acids, temperatures up to 180° F for metal plungers and 150 °F for ceramic plungers, pressures up to 2,500 psi
- Note: For really hot water or greater acid resistance, upgrade to 0858 super gold packing, which is able to withstand temperatures up to 300 °F and pressures up to 5,000 psi
- Material: Soft, black nitrile (NBR) with synthetic fabric and homogenous ID lip around the rigid phenolic core, used for power end packing; three sets of pressure rings, each with a top and bottom adapter for an effective seal
- Compatibility: Hydrocarbons, water, mild acids, temperatures up to 180 °F for metal plungers and 150° F for ceramic plungers, pressures up to 1,500 psi
All our plunger packings are fully exchangeable with OEM parts. Astarn Engineering & Oilfield Supplies Pvt Ltd produces and supplies plunger packing compatible with SA640 model Oil Well Plunger pump.